Friday, February 12, 2010

Man dies in training the day before the Olympics!



I was thinking about the Olympics, knowing how sad it would be to work your whole life up to this point(Not that its a bad thing of course). All the time you spent. All the family gatherings you missed, because you wanted to live up to your dream. Never knowing that the day before it started, you wouldn't live to see it. It was extremely sad to hear of Nodar Kumaritashvili, a Georgian luge competitor at the Vancouver Olympics, who crashed during a training run the day before the Olympics started. It was a sincere tragedy. Knowing he would never be able to fulfill his life long dream. Farewell to him and our thoughts are with the family...

Here is the link to see photos and a video of how it went down...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/12/n...s_n_460474.html

As for the introduction for the Olympics. I thought the lighting and the design of the whole thing was pretty cool. Although, there were a couple scenes that I thought were horrible in it as well. I thought it was different to have alot of bisexual people in it. I know Canada is very open to this of course. Along with weed/drugs being allowed in Vancouver.I didn't think the whole lighting of the torch was well prepared either. It had a malfunction right in the middle of it.. seriously people!? The one part I did think was cool was where they had actually made it look like there where whales swimming on the floor! The graphics of this were awesome! That's my thoughts on this. I would love to hear yours as well. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment