Saturday, March 13, 2010

How Many Times Should You Shampoo?


I have been thinking about my hair lately and how dry it seems to be getting with all the highlights and color treatments my hair gets. I did some research on how many days you should wash your hair. I thought it was the normal thing to wash your body head to toe every day. Apparently not! Stylist of Jessica Simpson says that "its better depending on what hair type to wash only once a week, where others work well washing 2 to 3 times a week." I was really shocked about this so I decided to experiment. I waited this time to wash my hair instead of everyday but to try washing it only two times this last week. I see alot of improvement! It has only been one week too. Its not a frail as before and much smoother. Extremely soft as well. I think I would have to agree now about not washing your hair everyday. I think its good for it. Also Brandon Martinez -- hair stylist and creator of B. The Product -- said that guys don't really ever need to shampoo, unless they use tons of products or have gotten really dirty. He himself only shampoos when he's been surfing because the water is salty. So I would like to know what you do with your hair. Do you wash it everyday, if so how does it turn out? How many times a week do you wash it if not everyday?

1 comment:

  1. I wash my hair every other day. I have a shower at night, which gives it like 8 hours (of my sleep time) to dry. When i was up i brush through it and straighten it, if its wavy, but if its still really curly i just leave it. I dont use any products in my hair, except for hairspray on my bad-hair days.

    I havent dyed my hair since last November, it has still maintained most colour. But faded about a shade or two. No major difference. But i am dying it again in two weeks.

    This is just what works for my hair type, my hair gets really greasy/oily if i dont wash it for four days. And i love that silky feeling that my hair has the day after i wash it.

    So, my hair is naturally curly/wavy, greasy, and i straighten it almost every day.
    But my hair feels so silky, and straight, i have never had the "pleasure" or having heat damaged hair, neither any hair-problem.

    Lots of love, Alysha.

    ReplyDelete